Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi, I'm Quinn, pleased to meet you!

Hi, I’m Quinn, lucky number 7! I’m new to the Flock, too. I first met up with Beth in Minneapolis when she was doing an internship in summer 2007. Since then she moved back to Iowa City for her last semester of undergrad. My favorite hobby is traveling. In the two months since I was adopted, I’ve already been to Chicago and Madison and State College, Pennsylvania. Beth says if I’m good, she’ll take me to Purdue next weekend (I might be bad though because I didn’t really like Indiana when we drove through it last weekend). She really likes football - I really like tailgating, so while she’s at the game, I usually hang out by the cooler and grill.

My job is to watch Beth and make sure she graduates. After that, I’m just here for companionship, unless she decides to go to grad school. I kind of hope she doesn’t for three reasons 1)I want my job of “graduation motivator” to be over once and for all 2)I read D.J.’s post about the boob factory and feel a similar experience would be traumatizing and 3)If she get’s a real job, then she’ll have more money to take me on vacations. When I’m not busy trying to get Beth to study or planning my next adventure I can usually be found scrapbooking vacation pictures and/or watching movies. Beth’s trying to get me interested in quilting too, but I think that’s TOO girly for me. I realize scrapbooking in general is kinda girly, but I want my vacation photos to look good.

Uh oh, looks like Beth wants to take a nap, I’d better go and make her do something productive.

8 comments:

Justin said...

Nice cardboard box Quinn. Why don't you turn it into a rocket and travel that way. I bet Franklin could help. I least I know Gromit would. So if Franklin is half a dog a bet he would too.

Erin said...

If your such a good scrapbooker when do we get to see pictures of all these adventures?

Franklin said...

I watched Gromit make a rocket on the picture box with John a while back... Aint nothin' to it. Quinn could tailgate on the moon while I practice ropin' those moon robots. Hey though... If I'm on the moon, what am i gonna howl at?

Quinn said...

I don't have many pictures of my adventures yet Erin, I JUST got adopted! Now that I hang out with people (opposable thumbs) I should be in more pictures. The other problem is that even though I like to scrapbook, I don't have any supplies (working as Beth's motovator doesn't pay as well as one might think). Maybe if I go to Chicago for Thanksgiving I'll get a couple pages done.

Taylor said...

Nothing but excuses!!

Erin said...

Well Taylor where are you pictures?

Justin said...

I think as it was covered in his blog posting its quite clear that Taylor doesn't do pictures.

I hear Aerin is working on a story though. No pictures involved. More a story of how there were going to be majestic glorious pictures but all for naught

Erin said...

Really, I think we need to learn more about this "event."