Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saving a Life

*** Warning Graphic Content Follows, Not for the Queasy ***

So I am totally loving my new job as a nurse. Screw helping out Justin he can learn to sail his own ship, he most certainly doesn't need my help. Truly just think about all those more deserving people out there. Maybe if Congress can't save healthcare the Serta Sheep can.

P.S. Congress, I don't do numbers beyond counting, so that banking thing, you're on your own.

Now to the all important story, I would like you to meet a favorite patient of mine. He likes to go by Froggy.


Mr. Froggy, very sweet and gentle

Despite being very sweet and gentle, it seems Mr. Froggy has been abused in the past. Many of his wounds have healed, but he still needed some medical attention. Those decubitus ulcers just don't heal well.

Let's not talk about the smell, ok?

It may not be a pretty picture, but if I do say so myself I'm a good nurse. I even follow all the steps.
Inspection is critical to wound care

Wound care is a complicated process
I believe this process helps everything stay together




Now for the all important part, getting the wound finally closed
Who knew nurses could be so skilled at sewing


And Froggy is all put back together, no more decubitus ulcer



Wow aren't we a happy pair. Froggy is doing quite well and I think he is completely healed. As much as I love Froggy lets hope we never see him back at the hospital again.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Poor Froggy, I'm so glad he is better. Not really sure about that "liquid stitch." That all sounds questionable. But then I didn't get a degree in nursing so I guess I'll just keep that to myself.

And Aerin you should be nicer to Justin. We all know he needs all the help he can get.

Justin said...

I don't need help. I say good riddance to Aerin. I might even let my bouncers Loki & Alex take care of her.

Oh and Liquid Stitch is by far the least worrisome thing she could have used on Froggy.

Unknown said...

Is that like using super glue instead of stitches on human patients?

Aerin said...

Exact same theory, except it works better on frogs

DJ said...

because froggies are waterproof?