Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hi from Riley in snowy Iowa!

Hi! I'm Riley, the newest addition to the family. I just moved here from Florida. Why would anyone make a poor baby sheep move to Iowa when it's super duper cold outside?

Do you see how much of this white stuff there is? When will summer come?


One of the first things that I noticed after moving to Iowa is all of the reindeer! Santa must love Iowa, so many from him to pick from! I hope they don't eat sheep. We're not very tasty, I promise!

How's that baby reindeer breathing in the snow like that? The poor thing must be cold!


After seeing the snow and how cold it is in Iowa (-25 below zero is just sick and wrong), I got to go to school and meet some of my professors. You can see me cuddling with one below:

Oh my! This sweater is made out of wool. I hope that no poor sheep were harmed in the making of this sweater!

Hmm... That sweater was a bit scary, I think I'll try some hot chocolate instead:

Ohh, so warm! I'd better be careful, I don't want to spill any on me!

Whew! Writing this made me tired. I think I'll take a nap and go sledding in a bit. I'll be writing more soon - so stay tuned. :)

P.S. Look who I got to meet!

I hope I get to grow up to be big and strong too!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Riley! Welcome to the blog. For a minute there I thought you were going to put a stamp on your head and mail yourself back to Florida. Don't do that. I think the professors need you. Esp. at NEGATIVE 25 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrr...

You should tell Val, Oscar, and Bearass hi from me and the sheep in Seattle. Can't wait to see more post from you. Keep those profs in line over there.

Riley said...

Thanks Erin! Don't worry, I won't move back. Do you have any idea how hot a Florida summer is?

I think I'm going to sheep-nap Val for a day so I can get some good sheep bonding time. :)

Erin said...

O I know Florida weather. I lived in Georgia for a spell. But that was before you were born. Just you wait till summer in Iowa. It will be hot enough for you then.

I think Val needs a good sheep-napping. Poor sheep doesn't get out much. Too much work I think.

Quinn said...

Hi Riley! Welcome to the flock! I'll have to visit you very soon to properly introduce myself.

Riley said...

Sounds awesome Quinn! I need more sheep time. :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Riley knows about global warming. She will soon enough!